It’s easy to forget that as a business, you need to reach out to customers to bring them in. If your customers don’t know that you exist, then how are they supposed to buy your products/services? However, emerging from nowhere and gaining the spotlight isn’t as simple as you may think, especially if you’ve got a plethora of competitors around you. Luckily, even if competing companies are on their toes and armed with thorough marketing techniques, that doesn’t mean that you’ll forever fall into the background. Take a look at this guide to see how you can increase your visibility to your target audience.
Use social media to your advantage
You’re probably already aware of how much of an impact social media can have in this day and age, and if you’re not already, you should be using it for your business! It’s the fastest, cheapest, and most convenient way of reaching out to people. Not only that, if you do inject a bit of money into your social media marketing, you can make sure that your company is being seen by your target audience. Follow these tips with your social media marketing too:
- Be active on social media as much as possible. This includes liking, commenting, and replying to potential customers. You should also communicate with like-minded companies for some free advertisement on their social media profiles.
- Run competitions and giveaways through your social media platforms and direct potential customers to your website. Not only will you encourage people to share your business pages, but your website will also be receiving traffic too.
- Share relevant and engaging content – regularly. Think about how many social media posts are made each day, minute, and even second and you’ll realise how easy it is to become lost in the abyss of statuses.
- Use the 70/30 rule when it comes to sharing content. 30% should be other people’s content as long as it’s still relevant.
- Don’t be afraid to voice your opinion to spark engagement. Just be careful not to offend as this could result in losing followers rather than gaining them.
Hot up your email marketing
Think about how many times you’ve entered your email somewhere to get something for free. Whether that be a discount on a product or a free downloadable worksheet, you’ve willingly given your email over to a company, and that’s how they can reach out to you time and time again. Why not launch an active campaign for your email list to help keep people engaged in your company? It’s one of the easiest ways of gaining email sign-ups and reaching out to people in the future with news, events, and even special offers.
Give your store curb appeal
Being noticed means looking good, and that includes your storefront. Do you want to increase your foot traffic in your store? Then you need to add some curb appeal to draw more customers in! Here are some tips on how you can easily improve your curb appeal:
Give window panes and doors a lick of paint. Why not change the colour up a little to really help grab potential customer’s attention?
- Dress your store windows wisely. Too many products can look cluttered, yet too little can make you seem unprofessional. Take a look at these impressive store window displays for some inspiration.
- Look after the exterior of your store too. Things such as weeds and litter can put people off. Put the effort in and you’ll notice loads more foot traffic in your store.
- Use movable signs to dot them around town to direct people to your store. You’d be surprised at how many people give up if they can’t clearly find what they’re looking for! Make it easy for them.
Offer something that competitors can’t or most importantly, won’t.
Finally, you need to find an edge to win over your customers, and the best way to do that is by offering something that your competitors can’t, or as stated above, won’t offer their customers. This will require you to do some research on their business plans, goals, and any offers they have in the pipeline so that you can pull the rug from under their feet. Even something as simple as a freebie with a certain product will draw customers to you over your competitors.
With these clever tips, your business will no longer be invisible to potential customers, so what are you waiting for?