Collecting the email addresses of people interested in your offer is should be first step in email marketing. Without a mailing list, it is impossible to start any activities to promote and advertise your product or service. The task may seem daunting at first, but you don’t need to focus on email alone. There are many other channels through which you can connect with consumers.
Collecting customer email addresses is important for the following reasons:
- increasing purchase opportunities;
- this way you can keep your business and brand perfect;
- affordable marketing option.
With such a list, you will be able to send sales letters and regular newsletters.
Experts recommend using only those addresses that were obtained with the permission of users. Buying a mailing list is a bad option that brings a lot of complaints and unsubscriptions. Before sending emails, it is important to verify email address. Doing this procedure before starting your mailing will help protect you against reputation degradation and blocking for spam.
You are allowed to try new methods and get the most out of the most effective ones. Some methods may work for others, but not for you, so look and try new ways. Once there are enough addresses in your list, you can segment your audience to improve efficiency.
Ways to collect the necessary data
Here are the main methods for collecting email newsletters:
- Setting up special sheets in the store. You can put your registration sheet in the register. While the customer is checking, ask them to register, telling them what they will get when they subscribe.
- Creation of a registration form on the Internet. Let customers fill out the quick access form and submit their information online. It should be noticeable, but not conspicuous.
- Proposal for a webinar or master class. There, you can collect contact information as people register before the event.
- Lead magnet. Everybody loves gifts, and it is much easier for customers to write an email if they are rewarded for it. A lead magnet is useful content that can be shared with a user in exchange for contact information. They obtain a checklist, video tutorial, or e-book.
- A promotional code for a subscription. The discount attracts attention, so you can offer a promotional code for your first purchase instead of an email.
There are several tried and true methods that should be included in any list building strategy. Failure to follow best practices can lead to low open and click rates and blacklisting email addresses.
Working email marketing practices include clear subscriptions, process automation, and lists that are regularly cleaned.
How to check email address
Sending emails to non-existent addresses or misspelled or managed by the wrong type of mailbox can create problems for marketers. Email addresses check is an important step. You can do it easily with the help of special services. You can also send a test email and remove it from your mailing list if problems arise. There is also an option to send a test email from a fictitious account.
Checking emails can be done by checking the syntax of the address. It consists of two parts –local and domain, separated by “@”, and the following format is local_part@domain.
Another option for the email address validity check is to use software, such as an atomic bulk verifier. You can order it from the Massmailsoftware website, and get a free trial while waiting. The program is easy to use, it’s efficient and well-developed.