The stock market as compared to real estate franchises, is lucrative for those investors who make their money work for them and not the other way around. That said, if you have the right entrepreneurial ambitions, there is no reason why you can’t grab a sizable piece of the pie as well.
For this, you will have to start a share brokerage firm and give your company’s franchise to small and medium brokers in order to expand and make more money. The brokerage then earned can be shared between both parties on the terms decided.
Setting up a brokerage firm is equivalent to opening a start-up. This means you should be prepared to take a huge financial risk in return for much higher financial gains. For this, you would have to put in endless hours of work and eternal patience without assured monetary rewards.
The fact is every person is not designated to become a broker owner, because unless you don’t take a deep insight on the strengths and weaknesses of your company, you are destined to lose a lot of money. So everyone should first consider their current financial situation and future wealth building plans before jumping in.
So if you want to take the chance and start your own real estate brokerage firm, instead of working as a broker for somebody else there are many things to consider before you start your business.
- Experience plays a massive role. If you have already worked with an independent trade person, you will be more successful, else the risk would be pretty high.
- First of all you would be needing a lot of money.The amount depends on how you want to function or if you intend your broker-dealer to trade for its own accounts.
- To develop your business idea, get familiar with the area where you wish to set it up. Look at the others in the area to determine the strength of your competition.
- Make sure your brokerage firm meets the specific niches to a particular segment so as to curb extra expenditure and underwhelming potential customers.
- Employ a team of management professionals to keep the expenditure low without sacrificing on the growth potential. Having said that, there are very few people who can toe the line.
- For approval you may need two qualified principals, one with direct experience and one with financial expertise. Once done, you will have to become a member of the self-regulatory organization to get your registration request granted.
Before you enter into this new venture, it is important to understand that most newcomers will lose money in the first year at an average of 10% to 15% of their involvement, as it may take upto three years for a business to show profits.
The bottom line is all this information can become quite overwhelming for a newcomer, but if you can get your approval map on the road the potential rewards of a successful brokerage dealer are extremely high.